home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Madewell Try On's: Late Winter

It might be a new year and all, but somethings never change-my love for Madewell! It honestly feels so long since I stepped inside those fitting rooms. So good to be back. While I knew we are in that weird not Winter, not Spring collection, I wanted to have a peek at some of the new arrivals making way online. Also, the associate told me the first big Spring launch is January 19 (insert happy dance). Take this as a warning that I love anything tie-knotted ;)

cute white tshirt

basic long sleeve white tee

TEXTURED TIE-FRONT TOP $49.50 // WEARING XS
Not going to lie, the second I spotted this top it was a must try on. It reminded me of the short sleeve version they came out with in the Summer, which I own and love. It comes in black and rust, but went with the white. Because it is textured, it has some thickness and ultimately makes it not see through. I was wearing a black bra at the time and could get away with it. While I am short waisted, I would say it's a high waisted jean situation.

burgundy star print top

star print silk top

SILK BELLE TOP IN STAR MIX $98 (NOW $69.99) // SIZE 2
Whenever their silk items hit the sale section, I take note. This top would be one to scoop up right now with the extra percentage. Normally, I wear a size 0 or xs in their structured pieces, but found the size 2 to be fit I liked more. Mainly, I like room in the waist (girl likes to eat, k?). But I know I could wear a size down for a fitted look.


olive utility jacket

Oversized utility jacket




SURPLUS JACKET $118 // WEARING XXS
This is their take on the classic utility jacket and they did make it oversized, per their style. But it's EXTRA big (just look at the side view). It's not to say this is a bad thing. It is adjustable at the waist and good if you plan on layering to your hearts content. Just know that it's unlined, so good for this LA gal not so much for everyone else until Spring.

cute orange sweater

rust sweater

MODERN TIE-FRONT SWEATER $69.50 // WEARING XS
An update to your basic crew neck sweater that is done in a thin knit. It comes in a few other basic colors, but love this rust color. As I mentioned, it's thin (hence you can see my black bra), but it does feel soft and of quality. And at this point of pushing through Winter, this little sweater has me excited.


boho printed top


flowy boho top

cute madewell top

DRAWSTRING TOP IN KALEIDOSCOPE $98 (NOW $59.99) // SIZE XXS
While the print is giving me the Spring vibes, this is another piece that runs large. The drawstring waist is very generous, so size down. This is polyester, so for the price I would say it's worth buying on sale. Most tops at this price point are silk.


buffalo plaid top

tie front buffalo check top

black and white buffalo plaid top

BUTTON-BACK TIE TEE IN BUFFALO $62 // SIZE S
While it might feel early for buffalo plaid, I grabbed it on a whim. Based off the cut, these style tops are oversized and roomy. Rarely do I wear small, but found it to the right fit. The fabric has a nice soft touch and the back detail makes this top feel worth the price.

Let me know your favorites or if you have any questions on sizing!

Thank you for linking up with us! Our picks from last weeks link up are Lydia from Chic on the Cheap and Kileen from Cute and Little



3 comments:

  1. Oh I love the burgundy star print shirt on you although you tried on a lot of great things! :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope you are having a good week so far, and a lovely start to 2018! We've been sick, so not the best start to the year, but it can only get better from here right? haha.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your Madewell try on sessions! I'll have to check out the sale. That star top is so pretty!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The star shirt is cool. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!