home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Mustard Sweaters







sweater (similar) // jeans // booties // sunglasses

Well I can say I have officially found my new favorite color--this yellow mustard. You might remember me testing out this color in this post and then I got this sweater for Christmas. And it's been on repeat. I'll be honest, I still feel it's out of my comfort zone only I'm okay with it. The punch of color is a nice change and I find it surprisingly flattering. That was a big reason I stayed away from it. I thought it just wouldn't work with my complexion. Sometimes trying new things is the only way to know if it will work or not. Is there a color you've recently tried that ended up working? 





Now, let's flashback to last year's look here. This reminds me to dig out that sweater. It's the perfect length for leggings.

Thank you, as always, for linking up with us! Our picks are Ashley from Le Stylo Rouge and Laurie from Vanity & Me!




6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely knit on you! I'm all about mustard yellow after getting a mustard yellow bag a couple years back. It's my go-to, and now I'm looking everywhere for more mustard things, haha! :) Shame it's so hot here or I'd be picking this top up!

    Thank you for the link up!

    Happy new year! Hope that this first week of 2018 is going well for you! We've been enjoying the warmer weather with some pool time, as it has been a particularly humid summer so far the pool has been a good idea.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adri, it is funny that you thought the mustard color wouldn't work with your complexion because my first reaction was "Wow, this color looks amazing on her!" It really is quite flattering with your coloring! So, in my opinion, you should buy more mustard things. Lots more! Wishing you a very happy new year and a fabulous weekend.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mustard color on you! There are some different shades where I've at first thought the same thing....won't work, but then when I try it I realize how it works! This sweater is just so gorgeous. I love the knit and little details it has!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cosy sweater! such a calming colour and so versatile!
    p.s. thank you for hosting the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been obsessed with finding a rust colored sweater lately, and it's bumming me out that all the ones you linked to are sold out :(
    But I do love this look, especially with your neutral colored booties.
    http://iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a fan of mustard! I have similar coloring and I thought the same, that maybe it'd be too close to my complexion and just look "off." But, it pops and I just love it! It looks great on you!

    Virginia
    More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!